Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Let's get it cranked up!

    If your one of those people that pick up on small details you will notice I created this last year, just one more of those things that fell to the bottom of the list and never got done. So, let's get started with a few basic things. 

    My thought on creating this blog was two-fold. First, I had not been big about doing anything on Social-Media other than Linked-In for my work with writings on business, and Facebook for my personal thoughts and rants. Most of the FB people I was connected to came from when we were getting ready to do a High School reunion. I quickly, like many I'm sure, realized a lot were not people I had much in common with, didn't in High School and still don't. Otherwise, it was mainly family and close friends. It got a bit overwhelming during the elections and even after clearing out most of the people I was connected to, finally I just gave it up for about 6 months. When I returned, I made a commitment to myself that I would just keep it light and not get into big rants and fights, instead, I took all that to twitter! I love twitter but get frustrated with the limit of 280 characters at times. 

    So here we are, the big reason for the blog is so when I have something I want to expound on I have a place to do more in depth writing. What will be here? It won't all be ranting and raving and screaming about whatever our idiot politicians, on both sides of the aisle by the way, or people in general have done or said to get me rolling but will also have some inspirational and motivating things along the way, such as my first "real" post below about the new year. 

    This was a post I did on LI back in 2016 and frankly, I find it even more applicable today as we need to focus on family and those close to us more than ever what with Covid and almost 3,000 people dying from it daily. Sadly, we lost my dad, mentioned in the article, to Covid this past October at 92 years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment